Theme auction: Sports and Leisure
2016 is an important year for sport with big events like the Olympics in Rio, UEFA Euro 2016 in France and the Ryder Cup in USA. Stockholms Auktionsverk is therefore holding a major Sports and Leisure auction online with more than 400 lots. The lots can be viewed from 20-27 February 2016 at Nybrogatan 32, Stockholm as well as on our website. The online auction is being held 27 February 2016.
The Sports and Leisure auction contains lots from many different areas and historical sporting occasions, including:
• Olympic objects with original torches from Berlin 1936, Munich 1972, Moscow 1980 and Sarajevo 1984, participation badges from the Winter Olympics in Chamonix 1924, Olympic poster from Stockholm 1912 by Olle Hjortzberg
• The estate of football player Knut Nordahl with objects from the 1950 World Cup in Brazil and the London Olympics 1948, a letter from Ingrid Bergman and a large collection of autographs from the World Cup in Stockholm 1958
• Unique sporting collectibles, such as a vinyl record with Gagarin’s autograph received as a gift at the Swedish Bandy Final at Stockholm Stadium 1964 between Skutskär and Broberg as well as board minutes from the sports club Allmänna Idrottsklubben AIK 1895 and 1897, photographs and press images
• Motorsport is represented with, for instance, a Vespa Piaggio from 1963 and a Zundapp moped as well as a collection of enamel signs, e.g. ”Porsche Diesel Service”
• For booklovers there is an interesting collection of sporting literature with a day programme from the London Olympics 1908, 28 volumes of The Badminton Library of Sports and Pastimes and much more
• Göran Dyhlén’s angling collection with over 200 lots. In addition to angling equipment, the auction contains older sporting gear and equipment for golf, tennis, baseball, Floyd Patterson’s boxing gloves, sports vests, etc.
• To put on the wall there are portraits of sports personalities such as Zlatan, Swedish ”motor prince” Prince Bertil and legendary Swedish presenter Lennart Hyland, Olympic posters and sports caricatures by Börje Dorch. And a neon sign marked ”Jumbo” that lights for whoever comes last.
We are getting the ball rolling 20 February 2016 with viewing at Nybrogatan 32 as well as online.
Viewing 20-27 February 2016 at Nybrogatan 32, Stockholm
Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm
Online auction 27 February 2016
For further information contact Michael Nilzon
+46 8 453 67 18 • email@example.com